Glambag June 2013: My Bag + Review!

Hi my lovelies!

Sorry this is so late, I has just finished with finals, and then I was busy planning a little camp I am running for my sister and her friends, but anyway here it is!

But first for those who don't know what glambags are, a glambag is a monthly beauty subscription from Ipsy that sends out 4 - 5 beauty/haircare/skincare products a month, a mix of deluxe samples and full size products! Since my first glambag back in November 2012, the products have been ah-mazing and the values have gone over the $10 payed every month.  You can always cancel if you don't like it but I guarantee you will! Subscribe to Ipsy here!




First in my bag was a full sized NYX blush in expresso, retailing for $5.






This blush is a pinky brown color, and would be very pretty if not for the fact that I don't wear blush.  My cheeks are naturally red so blush really doesn't suit me, even with foundation on under.  Even though I won't wear this, and will probably give it away to a friend, I think it is nice that Ipsy gave us a full sized blush!

Rate: 3/5
Repurchase: No

The next item in my bag was a Starlooks lip liner in Bare.




With a retail price of $12, it is already two dollars over the amount payed for the bag!  The color is a brown nude, and while I would have preferred the pink that some people had gotten, I absolutely love the feel of this pencil.  It is so soft and creamy and goes on so nicely!

Rate: 4/5
Repurchase: Yes

Thirdly (is that even a word ;D), I got a Sparkling Cream Palette from JCat Beauty in Volta, retailing for $4.49.



Now, I have a lot to say about this product, starting with the good! The idea for a glitter palette is very fun, no matter your age, and my first thought was, wow - this is gonna be so cool to wear on my eyes for a wild night out (hence the theme)!!  But then Ipsy put out a statement saying that they are not for the eyes.  So I guess it is a body glitter which definitely lowers the cool factor in my opinion!  I just really don't think I would ever wear a body glitter.  I did however, see a cool tutorial by Kacey Laine (sparkliebarbieXO) where she used the glitter on her nails, which I am definitely going to try out.



About the actual product, ehh I'm so so.  It is easier to use than loose glitters, but it is still very hard.  It comes off chunky, and spread out.

Rate: 2/5
Repurchase: No

Next I got the JCat Beauty Lashes in EL20 retailing for $3.99.




While I was hoping for the Cailyn gel liner instead of this, I was rather excited, until I tried it out.  I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this.  Now I'm not usually one to rag on products, and would rather look for some positive as well as the negative, I just couldn't!  The eyelashes themsleves were very hard to word with, I almost ripped them getting them out of the box, they felt like plastic, and were very hard to bend. Ughh it was a disaster, and then I opened the glue.

                                               


There is only one good thing to say about the glues and that is that I liked how there was a stick applicator.  Other then that, it got super messy, and didn't stick all that well.  My biggest problem by far
is that the glue is black. Maybe it's just my liminted knowledge in the vast field of eyelash glue, but aren't most of them clear?  To me that just makes the most sense.  Regardless, since I am not the best at putting on eyelash glue, it got all over and was very noticeable   I guess the point is to extend your lash line up so you don't have to worry about putting the lash exactly on the lash line  but I would have rather filled the space in with eyeliner and avoid the whole mess.  Maybe it was just a bad experience, and since the price is so low, I will defiantly be trying them again but as of now this whole product was a total bust!

Rate: 1/5
Repurchase: No

The last item was the one I was most excited for, and it was the Chella highlighter in ivory retailing for $18!





First off, this is almost double the price of the bag!  I like to use it under my brow bone and in my inner corner! It blends well, is very pigmented, and visibly brightens!

Rate: 5/5
Repurchase: Yes!

The bag was super cute, yet again with lime green and cheetah print!  Love love love it!!

Rate: 5/5
Repurchase: N/A

Overall:  While it was definitely not my favorite, I really enjoyed it!  I can definably see how it could be an ah-mazing bag for somebody else, I just didn't get as lucky! I think it was just due mainly to the color choice for the lip liner and the fact that I dont like blush.  I for sure got my money's worth though! Thanks Ipsy!

Product:                                           Retail Price:

NYX Blush                                     $5

Starlooks Lip Liner                         $12                        

JCat Beauty Glitter Palette              $4.49

JCat Beauty Lashes                         $3.99

Chella Highlighter                          $18  

Total Value:                                   $43.48 





Thanks for reading!

xoxoMichelle


P.S.  I really like the style that Anastasia uses from glamorable.blogspot.com to do her unboxings and hauls so I decide it would be helpful to you guys to do the same!  Go check out her amazing blog!

P.P.S. Hey guys thanks for reading all the way to the bottom lol! If you are about to subscribe now it would be really great if you guys could do it through this link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-h96cesw0h26g1ey. It is also the same as the link above (on the top of the page where is says here!)! It would really mean a lot because then I could get a gift if just two of you guys do this!  This does not mean any of my opinions are fake, it just gave me an incentive to write more! Thanks guys really appreciate it!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

    Whats your favorite summer makeup product?