My May Glambag 2013!

Hi my lovelies, 
So I know i haven't posted in awhile and I am so sorry! I've been so busy studying for finals, but I'm almost done! This post is what I got in my May Glambag.  Now I know its already early June, but my bag had some problems shipping (DHL is the worst!!!), so it literally didn't get here until the 25th! (Cry). Buts its all good now cuz I got my bag!! Alright lets dig in!

But first for those who don't know what glambags are, a glambag is a monthly beauty subscription from Ipsy that sends out 4 - 5 beauty/haircare/skincare products a month, a mix of deluxe samples and full size products! Since my first glambag back in November 2012, the products have been ah-mazing and the values have gone over the $10 payed every month.  You can always cancel if you don't like it but I guarantee you will! Subscribe to Ipsy here!






The first item in the bag was a Zoya Nailpolish in Gie Gie (retails $8).




First off the color is absolutely gorgeous! Its a shimmery pink, perfect for spring and summer! I love the formula, it goes on so nicely and is very pigmented (lol is that the right word for nail polish).

After two coats of Gie Gie.  Also please excuse my short nails, still trying to break my habit!


The next item in the bag was a Mirabella Lipstick in Daydream (retails for $22):






This is part of their colour sheers collection, and while I would not typically purchase this color, I surprised myself with really liking it! Its a shimmery purple that comes out as sort of a frosty pink on my lips.  But my favorite part about this is the formula.  It feels like a tinted lip balm with a much better color payoff. Its moisturizing and soft on the lips, and doesn't harden.  Its staying power is around the time of a standard lip product.

The third item in my bag was a YaBy Concealer in Buff (retails for $5)





I really like this concealer, its really creamy and has awesome coverage!  It has a great staying power, and I love how on YaBy you can buy the magnetic holder, and then whenever you run out, you can just buy a refill!  Perfect for a concealer junkie like me ;) And you can't beat that price!

Next there was a Pacifica Tahitan Garden Rollerball (retails for $12):




Eeeew.  I really didn't like this scent.  It was sort of flowery but not a fresh floral, more like an old scent, and I did not like it! However, I know Pacifica has many other scents so for the price of $12 it would be worth it to get one that you liked!  As for the staying power, I could't get rid of that scent for about 4ishh hours so that should give you an idea. Anyways, I will be giving this to someone who hopefully can enjoy it more than I do. I do really appreciate that Ipsy gave us a full size rollerball as opposed to a puny sample.  And that being said it's really okay that I didn't like one thing in the box!  Ipsy is supposed to help you try new stuff!  If you know exactly what you want, go get it yourself!  

The fifth and final item in the bag was a generous deluxe sample of the Anastasia Brow Gel(retails for aprox. $5)





To be quite honest, while it is very nice, I don't see a big difference between that and the elf or maybelline clear mascara.  While I really like having this, basically haven gotten it for free I don't think I will be purchasing the full size, though I am glad to have gotten it.  My main problem with expensive brow gels in general is just that the cheaper ones work just the same, and then you can save your money for the high end products that are really worth it!

OVERALL:  I loved this bag so much, thanks Ipsy! With a value at about $53, I am very happy!



Thanks for reading!

xoMichelle

P.S. Hey guys thanks for reading all the way to the bottom lol! If you are about to subscribe now it would be really great if you guys could do it through this link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-h96cesw0h26g1ey. It is also the same as the link above (on the top of the page where is says here!)! It would really mean a lot because then I could get a gift if just two of you guys do this!  This does not mean any of my opinions are fake, it just gave me an incentive to write more! Thanks guys really appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I got everything you got but the brow gel. I got the Pacifica tint lotion, which is fab for my pale skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this months was so great!! I was really hoping for one of those Pacifica lotions becasue I think they would be perfect for summer! Lucky you!! ;D

      Delete

 

Twitter Updates

    Whats your favorite summer makeup product?